Willshire Mobility have introduced a High Level Assessment Vehicle, a VW Caddy fitted with the latest driving controls including Lowering Swivel Seat Systems, Transfer Platforms,Combined Brake /Accelerators, Voice Command, Full dropped floor with rear access for wheelchair and much more.
The vehicle has been developed for use by Driving Instructors and Occupational Therapist to assess clients capabilities and needs. The vehicle provides an example of the various driving solutions available for installation on most vehicles.
It also provides a valuable assessment tool for those wanting to know how it feels to drive with the use of an assisted driving control.
Contact Willshire Mobility for a list of driving instructors working with the vehicle and for demonstrations at your home or office.
Our Caddy is available for use by:
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Our VW Caddy
The various modifications we are able to perform on the VW Caddy are approved by the manufacturer.
Standard Conversion Work
We can undertake the following conversion work on your VW Caddy
- Lowered floor from rear up to 2nd seat row
- 4-point wheelchair tie-down system with an adjustable 3-point seatbelt for the wheelchair passenger
- Modified fuel tank and exhaust system to accommodate a deep and level lowered floor
- Original seats in the second row are preserved after conversion
- Ramp: Double folding lightweight ramp with clear-view design what allows to view through the back window
- Lowered floor fully covered with matching upholstery
- The center part or the rear bumper will be replaced on hatch, thus maintaining the original look
- The original parking sensors remain functional after conversion
Optional Conversion Work
Following is more specialised work we can perform on your VW Caddy
- NIVO system to hydraulically lower the rear of the car (with lightweight short ramp)
- Seat configuration: One or two TriflexAIR swivel chairs on the third seat row
- Ramp: Foldable taxi ramp that creates a substantially flat loading floor (not possible with TriflexAIR seats)
- Easypull (winch and wheelchair locking system in 1, operated with wireless remote control)
- Bodyguard (back and head protection for the wheelchair user)
- The centre part of the rear bumper mounted on the back of the ramp instead of on the hatch
PRODUCTS INSIDE OUR CADDY
- TRIPOD WAV LOWERED FLOOR CONVERSION
A ready-made solution to lower the floor of a Volkswagen Caddy to create more space in the interior, as well as to facilitate getting into the vehicle without having to leave the wheelchair.
- KIVI RT12 RADIAL HAND CONTROL
A Push to Brake hand control which connects to the vehicles Drive By Wire Accelerator for smooth and easy to use functionality. Go to product.
- KIVI RE205 ELECTRIC TIP UP PLATE
The Tip-Up Plate is an aid used by people who find it difficult to transfer to the front passenger or drivers seating positions. Go to product.
- CARONY 16, CARONY GO AND CARONY CLASSIC
The Carony is a system that transforms the car seat into a wheelchair and allows for a vehicle transfer that eliminates any manual handling of the occupant.
- TURNY MANUAL
The Turny Manual allows the seat to be rotated towards the door opening and then partly extended over the sill. As the name suggest the Turny Manual is a hand operated swivel base. Go to product.
- TURNY EVO
Programmable Lowering Swivel Seat System for transferring into the vehicle. Go to product.
- RB SYSTEMS JOY SPINNER AND RC5
Ergonomically designed Steering Wheel Mounted Auxiliary Controls with functions such as Indicators, Wipers, Horn and High Beam. Go to product.
- FADIEL LEFT FOOT ACCELERATOR
An easy, reliable and quality solution when it comes to left foot accelerators.
- AUTOCHAIR SMART LIFTER LM 40
A boot mounted Wheelchair and Scooter Hoist which is suitable for Hatches, Wagons, SUVs and More. Go to product.
- LEARNER BRAKE AND ACCELERATOR
Passenger Side Accelerator and Brake System suitable for Driving Instructors.